Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Addy advice--Prasnlrd and others!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I just love Addy. We haven't even read her stories yet, because I think that once we do, I will really just have to have her. As it is, she is next on the list of historicals (dd wants #23, and we might want Jess).

    Anyway, I know that an Addy can be gotten on ebay for less than $60 quite often.

    Prasnlrd--I noticed your post on Marisol05's pic that you have 6 different facemolds of Addy. Can you give any tips on what to look for in general, or if some of them are more desirable etc. Do you have an album specifically showing the differences?

    Marisol05's sure is pretty.'

    I just can't buy another doll. . . . But the post Christmas time should be a time of good deals on ebay. . . .

    [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You will love Addy and her stories. I gave her to my sister last year for Christmas. I don't know much about thr different looks. I lucked out with a great ebay find. Now I want one for myself. I just saw one go for $23 on ebay. I almost bid but it's just so close to Christmas... I also have the Lindsey bug. I need to stay away from ebay for next few weeks. Good luck with your search.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now that I have seen alot of pictures of other peoples Addys she is starting to grow on me too!

  4. #4
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    My Addy was so cheap on ebay I almost felt guilty buying her... ALMOST [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Addy's facemold hasn't changed quite as much as some of the others, and they are all beautiful!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member marisol05's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's an updated pic of my precious! She sure is a sweetie, you'll love her. Now I would love to get her Meet book with the old cover.

  6. #6
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by jenndon:
    I just love Addy. We haven't even read her stories yet, because I think that once we do, I will really just have to have her. As it is, she is next on the list of historicals (dd wants #23, and we might want Jess).

    Anyway, I know that an Addy can be gotten on ebay for less than $60 quite often.

    Prasnlrd--I noticed your post on Marisol05's pic that you have 6 different facemolds of Addy. Can you give any tips on what to look for in general, or if some of them are more desirable etc. Do you have an album specifically showing the differences?

    Marisol05's sure is pretty.'

    I just can't buy another doll. . . . But the post Christmas time should be a time of good deals on ebay. . . .

    [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The six addy facemolds I am referring to is 5 Addys' I turned into Today Girls and AGT#26. The facemold is all the same. I just do their hair differently so each will have a seperate personality.

    I do have an album of Adddy facemolds. Here it is:

    Addy Facemold

    Here is a close up of AGT#26 who has the Addy facemold:

    Addy Facemold on AGT#26

    She is my favorite facemold, so they are all beautiful to me. When I buy one I just look for a good price and mint condition dollie. BTW I have her book collcetion and it is the best Historical story I have read so far. It is really good!

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] prasnlrd in CA. [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 11, 2005 11:15 PM: Message edited by: prasnlrd ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member marisol05's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for posting that album again. I was looking for it too.

  8. #8
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by vew-tori:
    I need to stay away from ebay for next few weeks. Good luck with your search.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="20">HA!!!</font>

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] prasnlrd in CA. [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the album prsnlrd. They really are all pretty, but you're right, they do all look like individuals. And Bossy Amanda does look bossy!!!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member marisol05's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Miss_Nellie_OMalley:
    I just want you guys to know... you guys make me soo mad... your are torture on my poor wallet... now I have Addy fever (she was suppose to be my next doll instead of Kaede when I was a child... but its just a sad story and it breaks my heart to this day)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Awww, I'm so sorry. I don't even know the story and I already feel bad. Things that happen in our childhood really do stay with us as adults be it a positive experience or negative. Addy will be there when your wallet is ready [img]wink.gif[/img] even though I know your hearthas been for a long time. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •